Guarantor: Mgr. Zdeněk Frélich
Climate change and the impacts associated with it is a topic that resonates across the society nowadays. Rising temperatures and heat waves followed by droughts are ever increasing, as well as rainfall resulting in devastating floods. Landscape negatively affected by man and subjected to the burden of climate change becomes less able to provide the expected functions. This trend has culminated in recent decades, leading to a still more sensitive loss of soil fertility, biodiversity, and the capacity of the land to retain precious water.
Climate change is a long-term process, the same as adapting to it. It has been proven that inaction can cause considerably higher economic losses than the costs for taking measures of adaptation.
Who is this service intended for
Clients or cooperating organizations include ministries, regions, municipalities, public institutions, research and non-profit organizations and universities.
Based on our experience with the issue of adaptation to climate change, we can offer:
- preparation of adaptation strategy for municipalities,
- augmentation of an existing strategic plan for adaptation,
- preparation of expert studies (like the retention of water in the landscape, erosion, etc.),
- organization of educational seminars.
- Comprehensive study of impacts, vulnerabilities and sources of risks associated with climate change in the Czech Republic, 2015
- Complex planning, monitoring, information and educational tools for adaptation to the impacts of climate change, with the main emphasis on agriculture and forestry management in the landscape, “AdaptaN”), 2015–2016